As many of you may know, JB Cutting experienced an internet outage earlier this week when a squirrel chewed through our lines. Thankfully, we were able to restore service Wednesday afternoon. We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for bearing with us during the internet black out. Lead times were not affected due to our flexible manufacturing process. Experiencing this outage made us realize how increasingly dependent we are on technology. This begs the question, is technology a blessing or a curse?
- Connects people and business all over the world (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Makes communication faster and easier (just shoot someone an email)
- Helps solve problems/answer questions (what time does that movie start?)
- Easily gain knowledge through popular search engines (Google, etc.)
- Become too dependent on technology (when service is interrupted, productivity decreases)
- Removes the personal touch from customer service (only speaking to your rep through email)
- Disrupts the work/life balance (become engrossed in the technology)
We’ve come to the conclusion that technology can be both a blessing and a curse. Here at JB Cutting, we pride ourselves on commitment to our customers and this challenge from Mother Nature proved we can service customers with or without the internet. Experience our stellar customer service and one-on-one customized approach. Let us know what we can do for you today!
firstname.lastname@example.org (now that it’s back up and running) or call us at 586.468.4765